Duke Performances Arts Administration Internship: Summer 2017
Friday, March 3, 2017 (All day)
Duke Performances is seeking ambitious, highly-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individuals at the undergraduate or graduate level with an interest in arts administration to assist the Duke Performances staff for a summer 2017 internship (mid-May to mid-August). Internships are paid and provide a unique opportunity to learn about and be directly involved in all facets of arts administration from a leading university-based arts presenting organization, including programming, production, marketing, publicity, audience development, campus and community engagement, and development/fundraising.
- Interface with the Executive and Associate directors and the Duke Performances staff
- Help produce Duke Performances’ summer Music in the Gardens series and advance the 2017/2018 season
- Assist in crafting and executing marketing and publicity plans for presentations, including outreach to targeted audiences
- Provide administrative support for a wide range of Duke Performances projects
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of and interest in non-profit arts administration, music, theater, and/or dance
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at Duke (priority) or elsewhere
- Work and internship experience in the arts, education, and non-profits desirable
- Summer (30 hrs/wk, Mid-May to Mid-August): Friday, March 3
Please send cover letter and resume to Eric Oberstein, Associate Director of Duke Performances: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duke Performances, the professional performing arts presenting organization at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, is committed to presenting willfully eclectic, forward-thinking performing arts of the highest quality. Through superb performances, outstanding visiting artist residencies, and the development and commissioning of exciting new work, Duke Performances is forging a culture that vigorously supports performance and encourages meaningful engagement with the Duke campus and Durham community. Annually, Duke Performances offers a robust season of 60-70 world-class performances, making extensive use of a network of Duke and Durham venues, and presenting artists spanning classical, new music, jazz, Americana, independent rock, international music, theater, and dance.