Duke Performances Announces Arts Administration Internship
Duke Performances is seeking ambitious, highly-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individuals at the undergraduate or graduate level with an interest in arts administration to assist the Duke Performances staff for summer (mid-May to mid-August) and academic year (early September to late April) internships. Internships are paid and provide a unique opportunity to learn about and be directly involved in all facets of arts administration from a leading university-based arts presenting organization, including programming, production, marketing, publicity, audience development, campus and community engagement, and development/fundraising.
• Interface with the Executive and Associate directors and the Duke Performances staff
• Help produce Duke Performances’ Music in the Gardens series (summer) and regular season (academic year)
• Assist in crafting and executing marketing and publicity plans for presentations, including outreach to targeted audiences
• Provide administrative support for a wide range of Duke Performances projects
• Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills
• Well developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of and interest in non-profit arts administration, music, theater, and/or dance
• Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at Duke (priority) or elsewhere
• Work and internship experience in the arts, education, and non-profits desirable
Summer (10 hrs/wk, Mid-May to Mid-August): April 15
Academic Year (6 hrs/wk, Early September to Late April): May 1
Please send cover letter and resume to Eric Oberstein, Associate Director of Duke Performances: email@example.com
Duke Performances, the professional performing arts presenting organization at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, is committed to presenting willfully eclectic, forward-thinking performing arts of the highest quality. Through superb performances, outstanding visiting artist residencies, and the development and commissioning of exciting new work, Duke Performances is forging a culture that vigorously supports performance and encourages meaningful engagement with the Duke campus and Durham community. Annually, Duke Performances offers a robust season of 60-70 world-class performances, making extensive use of a network of Duke and Durham venues, and presenting artists spanning classical, new music, jazz, Americana, independent rock, international music, theater, and dance.