Arrival and Departure:
- Please email Natalie <firstname.lastname@example.org> your arrival and departure information and if you would like help with transport of any kind. Include when to expect you and by what conveyance (bus, plane, car, train, drone) and where you are staying. (If you do not want this information shared, please let her know.)
- Please call or text Natalie when you actually arrive - 919-476-9411
- We do not have an official "check in" time as folks will be arriving all day long.
- We will have name tags and a folder for each of you, but you can also use this website. It will all be updated before the conference.
- $20 conference fee payable to Natalie Gilbert upon arrival.
We have 2 gathering spaces:
- Room 230, Rubenstein Arts Center, 2020 Campus Drive (across from Nasher Museum) Room 230
- Faculty Lounge 118B in Wilson Dorm, East campus (across from the Ark Dance Studio)
- Each day you are encouraged to check out all ADF classes (except Gaga). Regular classes are on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. "WFSS" are extra classes, workshops, etc. held on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Schedules of times, spaces and musicians playing for class will be available when you arrive. This is a great way to get a sense of ADF and of what is going on musically, etc.
- Resources - studio locations, directions, and more.
- Please only observe (unless you have spoken to the musician playing for the class ahead of time.)
PLEASE WEAR YOUR NAME TAG AT ALL TIMES. IT IS YOUR ID.
- If you need or want to get in to see a class in Brodie Gym, please go to Cynthia Wyse, 216A WILSON, to get a DAY GUEST PASS for that day so you can get in to see the class..
- Also see Cynthia Wyse for a day parking pass. Otherwise, free parking is available at:
Busses and Rental Bikes
- Duke maintains a fare-free intercampus bus system. CCX: Central Campus Express, runs between East and West Campus and passes by the Rubenstein Arts Center via Anderson St. It is running on a summer schedule about every 15 minutes weekday/30 minutes weekend and drives a circuitous route through Central Campus before arriving at the Rubenstein. See schedule here.
- The Bull City Connector, route: https://godurhamtransit.org/bcc, is a fare-free route from Duke University to the Golden Belt artistic hub, including Ninth Street and downtown Durham. The bus runs every 17 minutes! (Monday-Friday, 6:30am-9pm, and Saturday (10am-9pm)
- There are several bike share programs in Durham: Ofo (Natalie says this one is the least expensive), Spin, and LimeBike.
2018 OFFICIAL SEASON BAR: ADF's Official Season Bar is Bull McCabe's Irish Pub! Stop in before or after a show.
Bull McCabe's Irish Pub
427 W. Main St, Durham, NC 27701
Open 11:00am-2:00am 7 days a week!