Healthy Duke "Week of Wellness" Dance Classes
Please join the Dance Program as we celebrate Healthy Duke "Week of Wellness" by attending one of our undergraduate dance classes. These are entry level classes and they are FREE! Read more about the Healthy Duke "Week of Wellness" HERE. Directions to our dance studios are HERE.
- Elementary Modern Dance. Please bring or wear comfortable clothes that you can move in. We dance in bare feet. I look forward to seeing you on Sept. 12! Keval Kaur Khalsa, Professor of the Practice of Dance & Theater Studies.
- Tuesday, Sept. 12, 1:25-2:40pm in the Hull Ave. Dance Studio, 1515 Hull Ave.
- SIGN UP FOR ELEMENTARY MODERN DANCE HERE.
- Beginning Ballet. Please bring or wear comfortable clothes that you can move in. It is preferable to wear socks for class (unless you happen to have ballet shoes already). Looking forward to having you in class! Instructor: Tyler Walters, Associate Professor of the Practice of Ballet.
- Monday, Sept. 11, 3:05-4:20pm in the Ark Dance Studio, East Campus
- SIGN UP FOR BEGINNING BALLET HERE.
- Guest Artist Amanda K. Miller will be giving an artist talk and movement workshop as part of the Dance 309S class, "Dancing States Of Mind."
- Hip Hop. Thank you for joining us in Hip Hop 1. Please bring or wear comfortable clothes that you can move in. Looking forward to having you in class! Instructor: Natalie Marrone.
- Tuesday, September 12, 10:05-11:25am, Hull Dance Studio.
- The Hull Studio is located at: 1515 Hull Avenue, Durham, NC 27705.
- SIGN UP FOR HIP HOP 1 HERE
- Capoeira is an Afro-Brazilian dance/fight/game that combines movement, percussive music and singing. Please bring or wear comfortable clothes and flat tennis/dance shoes (or you can do it barefoot) that you can move in and be prepared to try something new! No experience necessary and non-dancers welcome! Instructor: Katya Wesolowski
- Tuesday and/or Thursday, Sept. 12 or 14, 3:05-4:35 pm in The Ark Dance Studio, East Campus.
- SIGN UP FOR CAPOEIRA HERE