Keep us updated
The Dance Program would love to hear from you, where you are and what you are doing. Dancing or not, you are important to us, so please let us know.
Stay informed about Dance Program events
- The opportunities to understand artists and production so thoroughly has given me an edge in my entertainment law career today.
- Duke was the only school I could find with a dance program that was equally as strong as its academic program.
- The Dance Program at Duke was the deciding factor for me between Duke and other schools.
- My dance education infected me with a unique, creative flavor.
- As a film editor for NFL, the brutal choreography of football, the smooth edit and cut, are things I learned on the dance floor and in performance.
- Dance not only enhances mental agility necessary to succeed in a university such as Duke, it stands alone as a unique mode of expression.
- Duke provided me with a wealth of performance experiences.
- The quality of craft taught at Duke and the expertise of the faculty outstrips almost every experience I have had in the professional dance scene in New York City.
- The training I received at Duke provided a foundation for technique that helped me get into Momix, a professional, full-time internationally-touring modern dance company.
- Even when I am not dancing I am using something I learned in dance: I am unafraid to speak, to put it down on paper, to express myself, to verbalize ideas, even when I was an assistant…
- The Duke Dance faculty gave me the knowledge, experience and inspiration to use my academic studies at Duke to become an international professional dancer and choreographer.
- Not only have I grown as a technician, but the entire faculty has helped to nurture and support my development as an artist and independent thinker.
- One day I will total the hours I spent in ballet class with Tyler and Julie and modern with Barbara and Andrea and I know it will end up being more than I spent doing anything else at…
- I've been blessed to find a dance education that is therapeutic and empowering.
- The performing arts are a lens that I think could be a powerful tool for promoting healing and health, as opportunities for literal vocalizations of the self and achievements of voice as a means…